Disaster Recovery Architect
Colorado Springs, CO
Highly skilled technologist with more than 20 years experience in Information Technology. Specializes in automation and disaster recovery solutions using Veritas software. Excellent interpersonal and troubleshooting skills. Provides strong leadership, works well in a team environment and communicates well with customers and management.
Linux, Solaris, Windows
Storage Foundation HA/DR
Cluster File System
sh, ksh, csh C
VCS/SAN Specialist2015 - present
- Responsible for design / build of high availability / disaster recovery IT solutions for central bank utilizing Veritas / Hitachi products.
- Protected applications include database, middleware and custom banking applications.Principal Technical Product Manager2012 - 2014
- Subject Matter Expert for Veritas Storage Foundation suite of products.
- Worked with multiple customers on disaster recovery projects.
- Resolved critical product escalations and performed customer centric testing.
- Developed competitive collateral for disaster recovery, high availability and replication to enable field sales engineers.
- Built a fully functional virtual demo environment using VMware vCloud Director for a 5-site disaster recovery solution based on VVR.
- Developed innovative product requirements based on customer feedback and market analysis.
Infrastructure Specialist2008 - 2012
Senior Systems Analyst2004 - 2008
Senior Systems Engineer2002 - 2004
Senior Consultant1999 - 2002
Senior Computer Systems Analyst1997 - 1999
Senior Computer Systems Analyst1993 - 1997
Master of Science, Computer Science, 1993
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering minor, 1991
Symantec Technical Specialist Symantec Cluster Server 6.1 for Unix Symantec Technical Specialist Symantec Storage Foundation 6.1 for Unix Association for Computing Machinery, professional member
Last update: Monday, 02-Nov-2015 09:01:25 MST
Linux Server Hacks by Rob FlickengerJanuary 2003
Hack #47, "iptables Tips & Tricks"
Hack #62, "Disk Age Analysis"
"Redundant Internet Connections Using Linux"