Disaster Recovery Architect
Colorado Springs, CO
Highly skilled technologist with more than 20 years experience in Information Technology. Specializes in automation and Disaster Recovery solutions using Veritas software. Excellent interpersonal and troubleshooting skills. Provides strong leadership, works well in a team environment and communicates effectively with customers, vendors and management.
Linux, Solaris, Windows
Cluster File System
sh, ksh, csh C
VCS/SAN Specialist2015 - 2019
- Responsible for design / build of High Availability / Disaster Recovery IT solutions for central bank utilizing Veritas / Hitachi products.
- Protected applications include database, middleware and custom banking applications.
- Maintained software currency by performing multiple software and OS upgrades with minimal downtime.
- Migrated Veritas storage to all flash storage array with zero downtime.Principal Technical Product Manager2012 - 2014
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for prioritizing software requirements, engineering resources and critical customer escalations for Veritas InfoScale Enterprise storage product.
- Worked with multiple customers on Disaster Recovery projects and customer centric product testing.
- Developed competitive collateral for Disaster Recovery, High Availability and replication to enable field sales engineers.
- Built a fully functional virtual demo environment using VMware vCloud Director for a 5-site Disaster Recovery solution based on VVR.
- Developed innovative product requirements based on customer feedback and market analysis.
Infrastructure Specialist2008 - 2012
Senior Systems Analyst2004 - 2008
Senior Systems Engineer2002 - 2004
Senior Consultant1999 - 2002
Senior Computer Systems Analyst1997 - 1999
Senior Computer Systems Analyst1993 - 1997
Master of Science, Computer Science, 1993
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering minor, 1991
Former DoD Secret Security Clearance Symantec Technical Specialist Symantec Cluster Server 6.1 for Unix Symantec Technical Specialist Symantec Storage Foundation 6.1 for Unix
Last update: Thursday, 23-Jan-2020 15:26:58 MST
Linux Server Hacks by Rob FlickengerJanuary 2003
Hack #47, "iptables Tips & Tricks"
Hack #62, "Disk Age Analysis"
"Redundant Internet Connections Using Linux"